A photography workshop for beginners in Kingston upon Thames
So, you want to take better pictures, bolder pictures, pictures with more pop and pizzazz.
Then why not join me on a photography workshop in Kingston upon Thames?
Designed for beginners or anyone 'stuck on auto', this fun and friendly one day course is packed full of advice and tips taken from my years of obsessive snapping and includes a practical photoshoot in the town centre.
What will I learn?
• The rules of composition - instant ways to give your photos that polished, professional look
• The top mistakes rookies make - and how to avoid them
• How to capture the best light
• Using colour, texture, shadows and reflections to give your photos wow
• Getting off auto to unlock your camera's full creative potential
• How to get those lovely blurry backgrounds in your portraits
• Advice on storing your photos, choosing lenses, creating photobooks and more...
What do I need?
A camera, obviously. But it doesn't have to be big and flashy, just capable of being used in aperture priority mode (check it has an A or Av setting). So typically any dSLR, mirrorless or bridge camera.
Also bring along any lenses you may have, together with an empty memory card and fully charged battery. If you're in any doubt send me details of the make and model of your camera and I will do my best to advise.
What do they say?
Such a fantastic course, well formatted and well-run. The teacher was patient and very knowledgeable and I learned a lot. I’d certainly be interested in future course with him.
Thanks David. I really enjoyed the day and felt I got a lot out of it. I downloaded my pictures today and I was very pleased with the results
Fantastic for a total beginner. I really felt equipped by the end of the day to get more
out of my camera than the
standard auto mode. Great value and professional,
friendly guidance. Thank you!